The basic directions of the scientific researches conducted by the Institute are:
- fundamental studies in the field of the theoretical problems of chemistry of additives – the action mechanism of additives, the relationship between their composition and efficiency of the functional influence, synergism and antagonism of additives, the kinetics and the mechanism of various organic reactions used in the synthesis of the additives;
- By use of thin organic synthesis obtaining new organic compounds and studying them as additives to lubricating oils, fuels, cutting fluids and other special liquids and inhibitor of metal corrosion and physiologically active substance;
- investigation of the functional properties of various additives and development of additive compositions;
- development of different types of lubricating and fuel compositions, cutting fluids and other special liquids on the basis of newly synthesized additives;
- development of technologies, modeling and optimization of the production processes of newly synthesized high-performance additives, as well as corrosion inhibitors.